Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday. A Good Reason to Smile.

There are many things that happen in the world around us and in our own world that give us cause to change our view of the world. What I really mean, I am guilty for letting the negative things in the world darken my outlook and tint my perspective. More and more each day I challenge myself to seek out the good and the positive side of things. That means verbalizing, or writing about the positive.

First thing this morning, was a premature wakeup call from my little girls, Chloe and Paisley. They wake up in the middle of the night, just happy to be in bed with me. They walk over an paw me on the cheek or lick my nose and mouth until I rub them a little. Paisley is especially funny. She's a charmer. She rubs the side of her face with her two paws or if she's standing, one paw, to let you know she wants more. She's not too greedy, so it's not too much time that passes before she's satisfied.

Then I rise and get off to the coffee shop where I am pleased by the Athlete Profile in the local newspaper. She's a boxer and she's in 2nd grade I think. What nobody knows about her? She boxes. What people will say when she is gone? Where's Hailey?

I arrive at the office to discover that one of my former employees is trying to dismantle my company by stealing employees and clients. The loyalty of clients and great employees becomes apparent when neither are interested in leaving.

I am soon off to the gym, where I can work off some of the day's stress, and brainstorm a new idea for an upcoming tradeshow. With any luck my mind will wonder and I'll innovate a new product for my dog design business, or maybe I'll workout a database design for a new client at Firefly.

That's the curse and the blessing in loving what you do. It's always there. Happiness depends mostly on how you see things...how you tint the world.

No comments: